Current research projects
- GOPLAREA - Governance and Planning of Resilient Cities in East Africa (2017 - 2021)
- LIPSINDAR - Linking Partners for Sustainable and Inclusive Dar es Salaam (2018 - 2021)
- LIRLAP - Linking Disaster Risk Governance and Land-Use Planning: The Case of Informal Settlements in Hazard Prone Areas in the Philippines (2019 - 2025)
- MiTra-WA - Migration and Translocality in West Africa: An Analysis of Migration, Urbanisation and Climate Change (2021 - 2024)
- Megacities - Dar es Salaam (2005 - 2008)
- The Influence of Central Grants on District Development in Ghana (1995 - 2007)
- Biotope Management in Korea (2003 - 2004)
- TRILAT: Nachhaltige Verkehrsplanung in Israel und Palästina (1997 - 2000)
- Wohnungssituation in Palästina (2000)
- Nachhaltige räumliche Stadtentwicklung in Kwangju in Südkorea (1995 - 1998)
- Decentralized Rural Regional Development Planning in Thailand (1995 - 1996)
- Decentralizing Small-Scale Industry Promotion in Ghana (1995 - 1996)
- Small-Scale Industries in Thailand (1995 - 1996)
- Stadtentwicklung Dar es Salaam (1996)
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The TU Dortmund campus is located near the Dortmund West interchange, where the A45 Sauerland line crosses the B1/A40 Ruhr expressway. The Dortmund-Eichlinghofen exit on the A45 leads to the South Campus, the Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 leads to the North Campus. Coming from the A45, you can turn onto Stockumer Straße via Universitätsstraße. This in turn is connected to Baroper Straße, along which Campus South extends. If you take the exit of the A-40, the route via Emil-Figge Straße, Marie-Curie Allee to Baroper Straße makes sense. If you turn from Baroper Straße into August-Schmidt Straße, you have the possibility to reach the parking lot directly behind the GB III.
The South Campus is connected via Stockumerstraße by bus lines 440 and 449, which run every 10 minutes. Campus South can be reached on foot from the Am Gardenkamp stop, and the Eichlinghofen H-Bahn station is also located near the Eichlinghofen stop. The bus lines connect to the U42 light rail line at the Barop Parkhaus stop, which provides connections to the Dortmund-Hombruch district and Dortmund downtown.
From Dortmund-Eichlinghofen, the South Campus is connected to the H-Bahn network via the Eichlinghofen H-Bahn station. Line 1 runs here every 10 minutes, and the South Campus is served by the Campus Süd stop.
A connection to Campus North is also provided via the H-Bahn. Line 2 shuttles between Campus North and Campus South every 5 minutes.
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent “Technologiepark”.
Open weather forecast